Friday, February 9, 2018

When I went out to the garden to check on my broccoli plant, the results were surprising. My team's broccoli plant had become the biggest plant in comparison to all the other team;s plants in the planter box. I looked even closer at the plant and took notice it was sprouting broccoli buds. They were pretty big, too when compared to the buds on everyone else's plant buds. I figure it will take some time for the broccoli buds to fully sprout, but if we keep an eye on them and make sure they are getting the resources they need, they will be fully grown soon enough.
I feel as though the broccoi plant may need to be moved to a arger planter box with more space in the near future however. It is starting to tower over the other plants. It may enagage in competition with the other plants for resources and make the other plants malnourished.
The rubisco enzyme catalyzes the carbon fixing step at the beginning of the Calvin cycle. This allows the plant to revive sunlight, water, and nutrients through photosynthesis. This also works with enzyme CEPC for the plant.
Overall, our plant has been thriving despite the competition and other limiting factors around it. I predict our plant will soon have full heads of broccoli ready to be harvested and tasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment